Friday, August 16, 2013

Easy Left-Over-Chicken Salad Dip Recipe


Today I had to get a little creative (most days I do that by choice, but today was different - I usually have a lot of options), my fridge had barely anything in it. We need groceries.


Anyways, I was craving some sort of taco or pita, but had neither pita bread, tortillas or taco shells. So, I just went with making the filling I would've made, and had it as a dip with crackers. It ended up tasting sOOooOOOooo good, and I felt the need to share it with you guys, as it would make a perfect little dish added to a packed lunch!


I pretty much just went with what I had in my fridge to create the recipe.


Note: This recipe makes a very small amount (the amount shown in the photo); just a single serving. Make the recipe as large as you want! It would be perfect for a pot luck if you made a huge batch!


Ingredients:

  • Left-Over oven-baked chicken, pulled apart into little pieces (however much you prefer, I used only what I had, about half a cup or less)
  • Pecan Nut-Thins (or other salted crackers)
  • 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
  • 1/4 cup Cucumber, Julienned
  • 2 Tbsp Low-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 Tbsp Real Mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp chopped green onion
  • Few Pinches of Pepper, or Fresh Cracked Pepper
Add whatever other ingredients you think you may like in this dish! I had few ingredients on hand at the time. Adding things like red onion, carrots, alfalfa or bean sprouts, olives or any kind of cheese may be a nice touch to it!

Directions:

Mix together the yogurt, mayo and pepper in a small dish. Set aside.

Put pulled apart chicken into a medium sized bowl.



To the bowl of chicken, add chopped peppers, julienned carrots and whatever else you would like!




Add your yogurt mixture to the chicken and vegetables and mix together until everything is coated evenly. Transfer to serving dish, garnish with green onion and serve with salted crackers (the salt from the crackers adds a nice flavor to the dip, consider adding salt to the recipe if not serving them with salted crackers).






This recipe is extremely quick and easy and can be modified to your individual taste, or made in large batches. Refrigerate if not eating right away, and refrigerate leftovers.
Enjoy!
~

No comments:

Post a Comment